As the world continues to navigate the challenges imposed by the coronavirus, we remain most concerned about the health and safety of our employees, our clients, our families and friends and everyone across the globe who are struggling to adapt to this new reality. With the continued progression and concern about the virus, The Inception Company has implemented new policies which will remain in effect for as long as necessary:
Social Distancing and Working from Home (WFH)
Beginning this week, we are encouraging all employees to work from home as much as possible and minimize all non-essential live meetings.
We are asking our employees to stay home if they or a family member have symptoms of acute respiratory illness until they are free of fever, signs of fever and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours as recommended by the CDC.
Workplace Health & Hygiene
We have many employees and studio crew who are essential to our on-site success and it is absolutely critical that we maintain strict workplace health standards and behaviors to protect them and our clients. Towards that end, we have initiated the following:
- Upholding personal hygiene habits: (e.g., cleaning hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60-95% alcohol, or washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; cleaning personal workplaces with disinfecting wipes, etc.)
- Contracting routine and fully documented hospital-grade disinfecting of the Fairfield studio and office space following each client event
- Installing hand cleaning/Purell stations in all locations
- Installing appropriate workplace health signage
- Mandating only essential on-site client attendance. We ask all clients to refrain from visiting our facilities if they have traveled to any country on the CDC Travel Health Notices List or have come in contact with someone who has traveled to a country listed on the CDC Travel Health Notices list in the past 14 days.
- Discontinuing all in-studio client “demos” of our capabilities and platforms
- Mandating boxed meals instead of buffet-style meals for both clients and crew
- Limiting on-site makeup/stylist services and options
Given growing concerns regarding airports and airlines, we are prohibiting all employee business-related air travel until further notice. We are working diligently with our clients to determine how to effectively navigate currently-planned programs that ordinarily would have required travel.
We understand that helping the marketplace solve challenges and remain vital through virtual meeting technologies, services and support is critical at this difficult time and we want to keep working – and keep helping – as much as possible and for as long as possible. We remain committed to serving our clients with the same standard of excellence that we always have, while doing everything necessary to protect the health and well-being of all who depend on us.
With sincere thanks, admiration and hopes for a brighter, healthy tomorrow.
CEO, The Inception Company