As the situation associated with the Coronavirus evolves, we wanted to take the opportunity to continue to update you on various policies and business practices that The Inception Company has put in place to ensure the safety and health of our employees and clients while maintaining our business operations during these extraordinary times. As most of you know, Governor Murphy removed the shelter in place ordinance and is allowing indoor gatherings of up to 50 people or 25% of a building’s capacity provided that there is proper social distancing and that face masks are worn. As an update to our current studio policies, we are putting additional practices in place based on the changes to the ordinances and governmental policies that will CONTINUE to ensure the safety of our staff and clients.
Social Distancing and Working From Home (WFH)
All non-essential employees should continue to work from home and minimize all non-essential live meetings
We continue to ask our employees and clients to stay home if they or a family member have symptoms of acute respiratory illness until they are free of fever, signs of fever and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours as recommended by the CDC. In addition, we ask all clients to refrain from visiting our facilities if they have traveled to any country on the CDC Travel Health Notices List or have come in contact with someone who has traveled to a country listed on the CDC Travel Health Notices list in the past 14 days.
Workplace Health & Hygiene
We have many employees and studio crew who are essential to our on-site success and it is absolutely critical that we maintain strict workplace health standards and behaviors to protect them and our clients. Towards that end, we have continue to reinforce the following:
- Upholding personal hygiene habits: (e.g., cleaning hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60-95% alcohol, or washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; cleaning personal workplaces with disinfecting wipes, etc.)
- Increase and fully documented hospital-grade disinfecting of the Fairfield office space following each client event
- Installing hand cleaning/Purell stations in all locations
- Installing appropriate workplace health signage
- In compliance with Governor Murphy’s order and recommended social distancing practices, we are updating the maximum number of clients allowed at the studio to (5) Essential Clients. Clients are defined as Speakers, Agency, End Client and/or a Moderator(client-provided or a professional moderator). And Essential is defined as actively involved/participating in the production/event or content associated with the event, or having an important relationship with the client and/or KOL. Should unique circumstances arise that require more than (5) Clients, the Inception Client Service team will escalate the request to Inception management for consideration and discussion. Each request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will be determined based on a strategy that maintains the safety of the team and our clients.
- Our on-site crew attendance will continue to be kept to a minimum, with as many remote control positions as possible for each show
- In addition to the minimum number of crew members being on-site to produce an event, we will continue to utilize technology that will allow all other essential production crew members to support an event remotely
- The QA room is now the PANDO tech room
- For the foreseeable future there will be no QA room at the studio. Vetting will need to be done remotely or in the front section of the studio. (lounge, conf room, etc). The control room has a kiosk computer to advance the approved questions
- Six feet social distancing will be expected for all attendees and masks will be required at all times – except for presenter(s) while presenting in front of the wall
- Furniture on set will be rearranged and floor markings will be installed to maintain social distancing guidelines
- Our studio/building disinfecting team will remain in place indefinitely and we have increased the frequency of cleaning through the day for high traffic areas(i.e. bathrooms, kitchen)
- If we have more than 2 clients in the building (alert production) then we will have a porter onsite for the event day in addition to the morning cleaning
- Clip board on Kitchen Island: Cleaning company signs a doc every day to confirm cleaning and areas of cleaned. Document is available for all to see.
- Clients must stay in designated areas and be mindful to stay out of crew work area
- We will provide Client Care Kits that will include safety gear to be utilized at the studio
- Additional and prominent signage will be created that address studio policies(wearing masks, social distancing, etc.) And a large studio map is located in the lobby. It highlights in GREEN client area, in RED crew only areas, YELLOW hallways. This should make it easy for anyone new to the building to get the layout easily.
- Large bottles on hand sanitizer are placed everywhere, a box of gloves is on the kitchen island, and clorox wipes are also place around in common areas.
- New approaches to internally communicate while maintaining social distancing have been implemented
- Phone System
- In addition to the TC LINE, we have added the PRODUCTION phone and a new PRESENTER back up line.
- Echo Show
- Video communication devices
- Phone System
- Boxed meals instead of buffet-style meals for both clients and crew will remain in effect
- Hair and Make-up will remain suspended
- All technicians that enter the building will still be responsible for cleaning their area of work and limit their movements within the building
- All individuals that enter the building will be required to sign a wellness waiver
Given growing concerns regarding airports and airlines, we are still prohibiting all employee business-related air travel until further notice.
We understand that helping the marketplace solve challenges and remain vital through virtual meeting technologies, services and support is critical at this difficult time and we want to keep working – and keep helping – as much as possible and for as long as possible. We remain committed to serving our clients with the same standard of excellence that we always have, while doing everything necessary to protect the health and well-being of all who depend on us.
With sincere thanks, admiration and hopes for a brighter, healthy tomorrow.
CEO, The Inception Company